This Egress Calculator is intended to provide you with the specifications needed to determine if a custom sized egress window meets egress requirements. Due to the varrying nature of windows, this calculator will only be accurate for egress windows from the Great Egress Company.
- Select the type of window from the drop down.
- If the window is wider than it is tall, we recommend the reverse hopper.
- If it is taller than it is wide, we recommend the side hinge.
- If you're a sucker for European style, check out the tilt-and-turn
- Enter the Width and Height (in Inches) of the window you are considering purchasing.
- Press Calculate.
- The table below will populate with the specs that you need to determine if this window will meet egress requirements in your area
Building Code Compliance
|Canadian National (NBCC)|
|City of Guelph|
Note: The width (W), height (H), and area (A) requirements must all be met in order to be egress compliant.